Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Morning of

The Day is finally here. I'm filled with a nervous anticipation, I wonder if this ever goes away? Part of me hopes so, and part of me hopes not. It's just after 5 am, we are scheduled for take off in approimately 40 mins. I've been away since 3:30, unable to sleep.
While attempting to fall back asleep this morning, I expereinced a deep, almost surreal calm. I believe at that moment, in a moment of almost surreal conscienceness, I had hacked in unintentionally to the equine psychy, Or maybe Arik was projecting it to me. I felt a great sense of belonging, of herd, and most of me was suddenly calm, except for the tiny part that was, and had been, freaking out all night long. What can I say, sometimes it is hard to move past all those old pretenses.
So off we go to show today, It doesn't matter if we win. That's been hard to let go of. But Truly it doesn't. We are going to have fun, to explore, to go together on a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment